Golden Pomfret (金鲳）
Country of Origin: Malaysia
Golden Pomfret (金鲳) is commonly found in the market. It has a firm flesh and does well both steamed or deep fried. Deep-fry and serve with your favorite sambal or steam it Teochew style!
Note: The weight range is before any descaling, de-gutting and cleaning of fish.
About Golden Pomfret
Golden pomfret is famous for their delectable and delicate taste. When it comes to taste, this fish have a mild tinge of sweetness complemented by its fine texture. Golden pomfret has a good repute of “a clean tasting fish”
Health Benefits: Golden pomfret is lean source of protein and it contains omega-3 fatty acids which is beneficial for the brain development. Iron present in golden pomfret is important for red blood cell formation.
Cooking Methods: Deep/Pan-fry and serve with sauce or chili, Chinese style steam.
Try this Easy Chinese style steam Golden Pomfret
- Golden Pomfret Fish (400g-500g)
- Ginger (7-8 slices)
- Garlic (3-4 cloves)
- Green onion 4 stalks)
- Vegetable oil
- Soy Sauce
- Cut green onion and ginger into strips
- Minced 4 cloves of garlic
- Sprinkle 1/8 tbsp salt and some ginger strips into the belly and top of the fish
- Put the minced garlic on top of the fish
- Place the fish in the pan of boiling water (pre boil for around 5-6 mins)
- Steam it for around 8-10 minutes
- Once the fish is done, remove the fish from the pan and place it on a plate, lay the green onion strips on top of the fish
- Heat up 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan
- Make sure that the oil is hot before pouring over the green onion on the fish and pour 2 tbsp of soy sauce over the fish